archive.tbk-light.com

This forum was shut down in 2008 and is currently set as read only. It was made available for archival purposes only. Visit tbk-light.com for the current site.
It is currently Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:08 am

All times are UTC+02:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:39 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I have a very vague memory of what seemed like Bobby Hamilton Jr.(it was a red car) getting wrecked by another busch driver at a track that looked like Memphis/Pikes Peak on the front stretch a few years ago; after Hamilton had taken out that other driver in last week's busch race.

Also at Bristol Night cup a few years ago(2002?)Mark Martin was wrecked by Sauter and called him a weapon in his interview.

Would the wreck caused by Yeley at the last Charlotte race in 06 and the gesturing by Martin's crew chief at him count?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:43 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

texas 2006- scott riggs crewaman pushes delana and kevin harick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:09 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

1995: Ken Schrader, Cup, Charlotte, hit Jimmy Spencer's car while driving away after crashing while racing for the lead in The Winston.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:49 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

1990: Sterling Marlin, Bristol, Cup, Confronted Ricky Rudd in his hauler after the race.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:54 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

MontanaNASCARFan wrote:
mr moon wrote:
dont know if the year is right,but

2005-Ricky Rudd pegging his engine guy in the head with water bottle after engine blew up

....got it on video somewhere
I believe that was 2002 at Richmond. And no, fellow crew members of angry drivers don't count. Sorry.

Well, Ricky was defending himself, after he got pegged by a fist that gave Rudd a shiner.

1990 - Martin "Billy Bob" Brundle, Michigan, IROC: Gesture of a "Why the hell did you do that to me?" directed at Rusty Wallace

Also, if my memory serves me right:
1997 - Dale Earnhardt and Rusty Wallace, Michigan, Winston Cup: Unknown confrontation. (My local paper reported that the two had a skirmish in the motorcoach lot after a crash in practice)
2003 - Crews of Jason Keller and Shane Hmiel, Richmond, Busch: Both crews got into a rather large-scale fight. I'm not sure if was caught by the camera, but there was a pretty provacative photo of the brawl in the Scene from right after.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:07 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

2002-Kevin Harvick-Bristol-BGN-Dove on Greg Biffle during a post-race altercation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:38 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

2002- If I remeber Scott Wimmer drove over Greg Biffle's car in the busch race, this was after the checkered flew on the cool down lap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:08 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

HomeDepotKid wrote:
1997 - Dale Earnhardt and Rusty Wallace, Michigan, Winston Cup: Unknown confrontation. (My local paper reported that the two had a skirmish in the motorcoach lot after a crash in practice)

That was actually one of the 1998 races (June I think). I used to have it on tape and on the prerace show they showed video of Dale grabbing Rusty by the collar after practice was over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:45 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

In 2005 at Chicagoland, When Mike Bliss wrecked Jeff Gordon, I remember hearing they got into it at the airport?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I've got one to add:

1990 Darlington Winston Cup-Ken Schrader bounces off the wall after trying to pass Morgan Shepherd on the high side. Schrader, feeling that Shepherd forced him into the wall intentionally, returns the track after repairs to his car and steers into the side of Shepherd's car, wrecking both cars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:18 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Shepherd's car owner Bud Moore said "We oughta go over there and work on that boy's head with a hammer" after Kenny wrecked Morgan. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:01 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

grabo90 wrote:
2002-Ward Burton-Bristol-CUP-Threw Gloves

He threw his gloves and heat shields at Dale Jr after Junior spun him out and he wrecked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:44 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

je24go wrote:
HomeDepotKid wrote:

That was actually one of the 1998 races (June I think). I used to have it on tape and on the prerace show they showed video of Dale grabbing Rusty by the collar after practice was over.

Oh, it was '98? Yeah, that's right. Not like Dale to grab someone by the shirt collar in a malevolent way...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:30 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

2001 - Scott Riggs and Jack Sprague, CTS, California

One got turned into the other going down the backstretch,both hit the outside wall hard enough to take them out of the race.Both of them drove back to pit lane. One was slowing down,and the other ran into him purposely. After that,the other guy returned the favor.It's on ESPN Thrills N' Spills 2001,I'll have to dig it up and watch it again I guess, I don't remember who did what.

http://www.racing-reference.info/race?i ... 4&series=C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:32 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I think there have been a few incidents occur in some ARCA races at Salem. I think Chad Blount and Frank Kimmel had a go at it,as well as Kimmel and Harmon(Dan Belcher might fill in details on that one)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:05 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Wow if all this is for a new comp..... gonna be a good one, lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:32 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

NascarGuy1987 wrote:
2002- If I remeber Scott Wimmer drove over Greg Biffle's car in the busch race, this was after the checkered flew on the cool down lap.

that was at dalington in 2001

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:37 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

SimRacin40 wrote:
2001 - Scott Riggs and Jack Sprague, CTS, California

One got turned into the other going down the backstretch,both hit the outside wall hard enough to take them out of the race.Both of them drove back to pit lane. One was slowing down,and the other ran into him purposely. After that,the other guy returned the favor.It's on ESPN Thrills N' Spills 2001,I'll have to dig it up and watch it again I guess, I don't remember who did what.

http://www.racing-reference.info/race?i ... 4&series=C

yep that crash happended on the last race of the year, going down the backstreatch sprague got hooked by another truck and flew up the track taking out riggs then on pit road spague hit riggs then riggs hit sprague and nascar disqualifyd them

and during the 1989 winston darrell waltrips and rusty wallaces crew got into it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:31 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

SimRacin40 wrote:
I think there have been a few incidents occur in some ARCA races at Salem. I think Chad Blount and Frank Kimmel had a go at it,as well as Kimmel and Harmon(Dan Belcher might fill in details on that one)

Oh yes, I have video and pictures to document these. I'll have to post them sometime soon.

2005 Kentuckiana Ford Dealers 200 by Federated Auto Parts in April, Chad Blount knocked Frank Kimmel out of the lead heading into turn 3 with two laps to go. Kimmel got sideways and slapped the wall and dropped him to a 7th place finish. After Blount parked his car on the start/finish line (they construct a makeshift victory lane around the car at Salem), Kimmel came around and slammed into the side of Blount's car while an ARCA official was leaning up against the car--it knocked the official off his feet, but he was OK.

I believe it was this same race where Kimmel wrecked Mike Harmon shortly before halfway in the race. Kimmel was leading at the time and coming around to lap Harmon off turn 4 when they made contact and Harmon smacked the frontstretch wall. Harmon parked his car and waited for Kimmel to come around under caution. He then played a back-and-forth game of chicken with Kimmel, slowing coming toward him and finally forcing Kimmel to throw it in reverse to avoid him. Harmon then drove away. Hilarious :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:43 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: Those hosers in Wal-Mart go-karts didn't stand a chance against my dad's team of engineers!
1998 - Rusty Wallace - Richmond - Wrecked Jeff Gordon Intentionally

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:34 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

2001 rusty wallace spun ricky rudd after the race and later that year at dover he spun hi again while leader

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:25 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

1997- Bristol, Cup - Geoff Bodine retaliation wrecked Jimmy Spencer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:59 pm 

I can't remember the year but at Pocono Matt Kenseth was involved in an incident with another driver where the driver spun him under caution, if I recall correctly, thinking Kenseth had taken his spot. Just a few seconds later Kenseth spun him back reclaiming his position. I think that is how it went.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:23 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

oh ya that was with Harvick and then harvick wore a Matt Kenseth T-Shirt during Qualifying next week

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:45 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

***SPOILERS***

2007: Dale Jarrett, Nextel Cup, Bristol, GESTURE (at Matt Kenseth under caution)

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »